Relationships come in many forms from traditional to modern. It’s simply defined as a
committed partnership between two people connected with passion. The great thing about
relationships is you can create your own version together. It only has to make sense to you
and your boo. As long as there is a mutual understanding about what you all want your
relationship to look like, your bond is unique and special.
A great relationship consists of multiple layers to grow your bond. One partnership is
different from another, yet they should have similar foundations. So, comparing isn’t ideal
and you may find yourself sabotaging your situation trying to keep up with your friends and
family. Focus on your experience and make the best of it. With love comes trust,
communication, sensuality, and quality time. There’s more to it, but the groundwork is
essential to build a strong relationship. When the bones are good, the frame won’t fall when
times get hard. You both are secure that your partnership can withstand any storm. That
confidence is felt to your cores and as you all make it to the other side, your relationship
becomes stronger and stronger. It brings you closer.
Let’s discover ways to maintain your closeness through relationship rituals. They are
traditions and cute habits that you and your partner do for each other to keep the fire
burning. As you get to know each other, you design a routine forming a comfort zone. Check
out ideas to practice with your love to sustain your connection.
1. Morning meditation: a peaceful technique to clear your minds and begin the day with
a positive attitude. This is a nice method to silence the outside world and join forces.
2. Thoughtful texts: good morning messages wishing your babe a great day places a
smile on their face, adding a pep in their step. Anticipating these words automatically
puts you all in a cozy mood around the expected time you usually receive the alerts.
3. Hot stuff: calling your boo to give them compliments offers them the confidence
boost they may need. It makes your partner feel wanted and loved.
4. What’s the tea: pillow talk about any and everything with your sweetheart fulfills
your guilty pleasures. You all can talk about your favorite shows, sports, or the family
drama. Whatever tickles your fancy, share those moments between the sheets.
5. A little pick-me-up: brew some delicious coffee as they get ready or grab a cup for
you two before work. Helping your bae wake up and get the day started is a warm
6. Celebrations: going out on special days such as your anniversary, birthdays, or
holidays to create amazing memories. Revisiting the same place you met on your
anniversary is a sweet way to honor your love. Ordering the same meals lets you all
indulge in nostalgia.
7. Post-its: love letters or sappy notes left around the house are intimate ways to
express your feelings. These remind them that they’re on your mind and a priority.
Try hiding them in different spaces such as the car or closet to keep things
interesting. Get creative and make it like a never-ending game.
8. Off the grid: turn off your devices after 8PM to savor the quality time to share details
about your day or anything that’s going on in your life. Keep it light and nothing too
stressful or serious as you all relax. Pour some wine and sip until you all fall asleep.
9. Date Night: get all dressed up at least once a month. Explore your city by trying out
new eateries. Have fun doing adventures such as riding bikes or kayaking. Step out of
the norm and take turns doing what you all like to do. Comedy shows, concerts, or
museums are cool ways to enjoy each other’s company.
10. 3 little words: saying ‘I love you’ before you leave home or after you kiss goodnight is
a comforting practice that never gets old. You can’t say those words enough. It’s
guaranteed to make you tingle inside.
11. Movie Night: every Friday, grab a soft blanket and warm up the popcorn to watch
films as you cuddle. Order a pizza and make delicious cocktails. Cheers to love!
12. Pray Together: hold hands, close your eyes, and express gratitude for the people in
your life and all the blessings you all have received. It’s a respectful and spiritual
routine that keeps you all grounded.
13. Talk More: call you boo on their lunch break to check on them. Carving this time out
daily ensures they feel special. Exchanging laughter and telling them you miss them
cements your bond.
Incorporating these relationship rituals are sure to bring you all closer than close. As you
enjoy experiences, you all can add more cutesy things such as inside jokes and phrases you
can say around others that only you two know what it means. Always touch your partner to
stay connected. Beginning and ending the day with a kiss always reactivates your
connection. Don’t let your spark fizzle!